We are looking for a Junior Web Developer from a Computing discipline, with experience in a similar role or a self-taugh coding genius to join our award-winning digital agency. You will be part of a friendly team who deliver a variety of web development and software projects in a forward-thinking company with a supportive environment, an excellent salary of £20,000-28,000 dependent on experience / level of proficiency, and great opportunities for career progression. Here at CSI, we are proud of our record in developing junior developers - all our tech leads joined us as juniors or graduates!
Requirements - You must meet at least one
- Experience in a similar Junior Web Developer position OR
- BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject OR
- HND in Computing (Distinction) OR
- A self-taught coding genius proficient in C# and web technologies!
- Developing new websites and integrated technology
- Maintaining existing websites
- Liaising with Tech Lead and Development team re progress of projects & suggesting improvements
- Testing of various components
Essential Technical Skills
- C#.NET 3.5/4.0+
Desirable Technical Skills
- MVC .NET 4/5
Rewards & Benefits
- Salary of £20,000-28,000 dependent on experience
- Participate in our new Training Academy where you can learn new skills & acquire industry-recognised qualifications and accreditations
- Pension scheme
- Paid overtime frequently available
- Great opportunities to progress through the ranks with greater responsibilities & rewards
- Flexible working hours (start at 8, 8:30 or 9)
- Annual appraisal & regular development sessions
- Dress-down every Friday
- A yummy free pizza on the last Friday of each month
- Quarterly team events paid for by the company - the most recent outings were The Crystal Maze and bowling
- Bring your headphones & listen to your favourite tunes to help you concentrate
- Free optician check-up
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Air-conditioned office
- Occasional visits from the office canine, Sir Wilson!
- Receive an extra day’s holiday after five years of service, and a further day’s holiday after 10 years’
Where is CSI Media?
- We are based at Crewe Business Park in Cheshire with onsite parking
- Surrounded by a beautiful woodland area and cycle paths
- Bannatyne’s Gym, Co-operative Shop, Subway, Spar and Duke of Gloucester within a 10-minute walk
- 0.8 miles from Crewe Railway Station (Chester: 20 minutes, Liverpool: 40 minutes, Manchester: 45 minutes, Birmingham: 50 minutes).
CSI Media is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all employees and applicants and shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis on all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. CSI Media will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union and places an obligation upon all employees to respect and act in accordance with the policy. CSI Media is committed to protect all employees against harassment and bullying in the workplace.
Your CV will be reviewed by management, and if we feel that you are suitable for the role, we will send you a technical test for you to complete to the best of your ability with nice, clean code. One of our technical managers will review your test, and if it is to the standard required, we will invite you in for an interview!
To apply for this Front-End Web Developer vacancy, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please no recruitment agencies