Our Junior Web Developer position is a brilliant opportunity for smart and ambitious Computer Science graduates to join an award-winning web and software design and development agency based in Crewe, Cheshire.
This is an excellent chance to take your first steps in building a rewarding career at a company who develop cutting-edge web and software applications for businesses of all shapes and sizes - from small businesses - to multinational brands operating across a diverse range of industries including automotive, environmental, film, finance, healthcare, retail, sport, tourism, transport, and travel. Indeed, one of the great things about CSI Media is the variation our developers enjoy - we can be actively developing on over 50 projects at any one time.
We are a welcoming team with a warm, friendly environment. We genuinely value the contribution made by each member of our team, you will be encouraged to share ideas, and we will invest in your future by providing tailored training, the opportunity to complete certifications with leading software providers, quarterly development sessions, and an annual appraisal to review your progress and discuss your ambitions.
We offer Junior Web Developers a fantastic starting salary (dependent on qualifications, experience, and skillset) a tailored training package, and lots of other rewards. Finally, CSI Media offers you the opportunity for true personal and professional growth with excellent opportunities for career progression and even better rewards.
Primarily, you will be coding for most of your day, helping to build exceptional end-products including CMS websites, e-commerce platforms, online portals, and software applications. Initially, you will start on the more rudimentary website projects and, as you develop your skillset, more sophisticated systems. You will be supported by an experienced Tech Lead, and this is not a client-facing role. You will:
• Develop new web and software applications by writing C#.
• Maintain existing web and software applications by implementing new features, performing upgrades, and fixing bugs.
As you gain experience, you will have the opportunity to expand your role and take on greater responsibilities, for example, writing technical specifications, gathering system requirements, and, at some point, leading projects, if that’s what you want to do. In essence, the role will evolve in line with your passions, ambitions, and skillset.
Firstly, a passion for programming is a must. A logical mind with a systematic approach to solving technical challenges, and a thorough, meticulous approach to your work are essential attributes too.
You must also hold one of the following: -
• 1+ year of commercial experience in a .NET Web Developer position
• First-Class Hons Degree in BSc Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related computing discipline (preferably covering C# in at least one module).
Essential Technical Skills
• Functional Programming (C# would be advantageous but not essential)
• Likes office doggies!
Desirable Technical Skills
• .NET Framework (.NET Core is desirable although not essential)
• MS SQL Server or later
• API Experience (REST and GraphQL)
• Knowledge of XML / JSON
• A fantastic starting salary (dependent on experience & skillset).
• Complete official certifications with web tech vendors, for example, Umbraco and Sitecore.
• Pluralsight training license with one hour in work time each week for training.
• Extra holidays rewarded for loyalty.
• Opportunities to progress with greater rewards & responsibilities.
• Annual appraisal and quarterly development sessions to discuss your career aspirations and help you achieve your goals.
• Fresh fruit delivered weekly.
• Monthly takeaways.
• Weekly badminton.
• 2x team events per year (as voted for by the team).
• Childcare voucher scheme.
• Listen to your tunes whilst coding.
• Casual dress.
• Employee/s of the month - £50 gift.
• £1,000 employee referral scheme.
Adam - Junior Web Developer (2019)
“Searching and applying for graduate positions can be a daunting task. In my final year at Keele, I approached a few companies in the local area but didn’t really feel they matched my ambition. I saw a Graduate opportunity at CSI Media and the variation of projects they deliver for a wide range of companies really interested me.
“I attended a few interviews at different companies. However, immediately after walking into CSI Media, I felt it was the place for me. The people are friendly, and the working environment is brilliant. I listen to my tunes whilst coding, and the office dog occasionally pops over to say hello - you don't get that in many offices!
“Within three weeks of applying, I was part of a development team working on a multi-platform solution for a big security company. The work can be challenging, but I am supported by two Tech Leads and a Project Manager with whom I work closely. All three are very helpful; they encourage me to share ideas, and we have gone on to implement a few of them! Seeing your ideas and code you have written in a live project being used by thousands of people every day is very rewarding.
“In the last couple of months, the Directors approached me to ask if I would like to train to become a Systems Architect. Moving forwards, I will assist the Senior Systems Architect in architecting new, enterprise-level solutions built on Microservices.
“If you’re looking for a career in Tech where you continuously develop your skills, build your confidence, use the latest tech, collaborate with a great team, and where your work has a real-life impact on companies, I highly recommend applying for CSI Media’s graduate roles.”
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to email@example.com
If you have the right experience and credentials, we will schedule a telephone call to discuss the role, followed by a technical test and interview to be completed at CSI Media’s offices.