We are always on the lookout for ambitious Computer Science graduates to join our team!
Established in 1998, CSI Media is a family business based in Cheshire. As an award-winning web and software agency who develop cutting-edge technical solutions for companies across the UK, our Graduate Web Developer position is a fantastic opportunity to build a rewarding and exciting career. We have a strong record in nurturing graduates - over the past four years, we have recruited ten graduates from local unis including Chester, Keele, Liverpool and Staffordshire, all of whom have progressed within the company.
We offer Graduate Web Developers an excellent starting salary of £26,000-£30,000, a tailored training package with a free Pluralsight license, and, for the right person, lots of opportunities for career progression, greater responsibilities, and even better rewards!
As a Graduate Web Developer, you will help to build bespoke web applications and software solutions by writing high-quality code. Our projects include CMS websites, e-commerce platforms, online portals, and software applications for clients across a diverse range of sectors including automotive, leisure, retail, tourism, and travel. There are also a selection of projects for environmental, finance, healthcare, and tech organisations, ensuring plenty of variation. To give you a flavour of the type of solutions we create, please visit csimedia.net/our-work
You must hold or be on track to obtain a First-Class Hons Degree in BSc Computer Science or Software Engineering. You will have a passion for digital, programming, and solving technical challenges. A logical mind, together with a thorough and meticulous approach to your work is essential.
Essential Technical Skills
- Strong programming skills (preferably C#)
Desirable Technical Skills
- Latest C# Syntax
- MVC .NET
- .Net Core
- Understanding of system architecture
We constantly evaluate what our team wants, and from this, we have built a comprehensive package of benefits…
- An excellent starting salary of £26,000-30,000 (dependent on degree classification and skillset).
- A Pluralsight training license (for those who wish to learn more!).
- The opportunity to complete official certifications with web-technology vendors.
- Extra holidays rewarded for loyalty.
- Opportunities to progress with even greater rewards & responsibilities.
- Annual appraisal and quarterly development sessions to help support you through your work, discuss your career aspirations, and help you achieve your goals.
- Lots of extras including a free supply of fresh fruit, takeaways, weekly badminton, free team events, a childcare voucher scheme, and lots more!
If you meet the requirements, we will send you a technical test to complete. If your submission is completed to a high standard, we will invite you to interview.
Where is CSI Media?
- We are based on Crewe Business Park in Cheshire with onsite parking.
- Surrounded by a beautiful woodland area and cycle paths.
- Bannatyne’s Gym, Co-op, Subway, Spar and Duke of Gloucester within a 10-minute walk.
- Less than 1 Mile to Crewe Railway Station (Train to: - Chester: 20 mins, Stoke-on-Trent: 30 mins, Liverpool: 40 mins, Manchester: 45 mins).
Current Working Set Up
The team are now back working in the office. We have implemented multiple measures to protect against COVID including daily deep cleansing and social distancing.
Adam - Graduate Web Developer (2019), Keele University
“Searching and applying for graduate positions can be a daunting task. In my final year at Keele, I approached a few companies in the local area but didn’t really feel they matched my ambition. I saw a Graduate opportunity at CSI Media and the variation of projects they deliver for a wide range of companies really interested me.
“I attended a few interviews at different companies. However, immediately after walking into CSI Media, I felt it was the place for me. The people are friendly, and the working environment is brilliant. I listen to my tunes whilst coding, and the office dog occasionally pops over to say hello - you don't get that in many offices!
“Within three weeks of applying, I was part of a development team working on a multi-platform solution for a big security company. The work can be challenging, but I am supported by two Tech Leads and a Project Manager with whom I work closely. All three are very helpful; they encourage me to share ideas, and we have gone on to implement a few of them! Seeing your ideas and code you have written in a live project being used by thousands of people every day is very rewarding.
“Within the last couple of months, the Directors approached me to ask if I would like to train to become a Tech Lead. Moving forwards, I will manage two projects and help to support a team of developers. One of the projects is for an international Escape Room brand, so it doesn’t get much more exciting than that!
“If you’re looking for a career in Tech where you continuously develop your skills, build your confidence, use the latest tech, collaborate with a great team, and where your work has a real-life impact on companies, I highly recommend applying for CSI Media’s graduate roles.”
To apply for this Graduate Web Developer vacancy, please forward your CV to email@example.com