This is a VERY exciting opportunity for an ambitious Computer Science graduate at an award-winning web and software development agency based in Cheshire.
Established in 1998, CSI Media is one of the UK’s leading web development agencies. We are a family business with a proud record in providing excellent graduate opportunities. Over the past three years, we have recruited eight computing grads from universities across the UK including the University of Manchester, Staffordshire, Chester, Lincoln, and Keele.
As a Graduate Web Developer, you will work on a variety of web and software projects for a diverse range of UK companies across the retail, automotive, and travel sectors. There is also a selection of projects for manufacturing, environmental, security, finance, and healthcare organisations, ensuring plenty of variation.
You must hold or be on track to obtain a 1st class honours degree in BSc Computer Science. You will have a passion for the web, programming and solving technical challenges. A thorough and meticulous approach to your work is essential, as is the ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a small team.
Our Graduate Web Developer position is a fantastic opportunity to build a rewarding and exciting career at a company that cares about you and your future. We offer Graduate Web Developers an excellent starting salary of £22,000-£27,000, a tailored training package and, for the right person, plenty of opportunities for progression and extra responsibilities.
As a Graduate Web Developer, your day-to-day work will primarily involve:
- Coding in C# and developing back-end functionality for websites and software applications
- Maintaining existing websites & solutions by making development updates and bug fixes
You may also occasionally be required to complete browser, functional, and regression testing following development changes.
Essential Technical Skills
- Strong programming skills
- Latest C# Syntax
- MVC .NET
- Good written communication
- Understanding of system architecture
Our Culture & Values
Here at CSI, we have a proud record in nurturing graduate developers - all our tech leads joined us as graduates. As a family business, we pride ourselves on really looking after our team. There will be challenges along the way, and we do expect high-quality work, but you will work in a supportive environment where your welfare is at the forefront. You will get to collaborate with some very talented, experienced, and helpful developers which, together with our excellent training, will give you the opportunity to develop your skill set, learn new tech and build a brilliant career. We constantly evaluate what our team want, and from this, we have built a comprehensive package of benefits...
- An excellent salary of £22,000-27,000 (dependent on degree classification and skillset)
- Your own Pluralsight training license
- The opportunity to complete official tech exams and certifications
- Private pension scheme
- Extra holidays rewarded for loyalty
- Opportunities to progress with even greater rewards & responsibilities
- Annual appraisal and quarterly development sessions to help support you through your work, discuss your career aspirations, and help you achieve your goals
Lots of Extras!
- Dress down Fridays
- Free supply of fresh fruit
- Free badminton every Wednesday
- A yummy pizza or Chinese each month
- Team events (we have had Alton Towers, Crystal Maze, curry night and bowling)
- A legendary Christmas party!
- Charity events and fundraising activities
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Flexible hours to suit your needs
- Listen to your tunes whilst you code
If you meet the requirements, we will send you a technical test for you to complete to the best of your ability. If your submission is completed to a high standard, we will invite you in for an interview.
Where is CSI Media?
- We are based on Crewe Business Park in Cheshire with onsite parking
- Surrounded by a beautiful woodland area and cycle paths
- Bannatyne’s Gym, Co-operative Shop, Subway, Spar and Duke of Gloucester within a 10-minute walk
- 0.8 miles from Crewe Railway Station (Chester: 20 minutes, Liverpool: 40 minutes, Manchester: 45 minutes, Birmingham: 50 minutes).
To apply for this Graduate Web Developer vacancy, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org