This is a brilliant opportunity for a Senior .NET Web Developer to join an award-winning web & software agency based in Crewe, Cheshire.
CSI Media develop cutting-edge web and software applications for businesses of all shapes and sizes - from small businesses - to multinational brands operating across a diverse range of industries including automotive, environmental, film, finance, healthcare, retail, sport, tourism, transport, and travel. Indeed, one of the great things about CSI Media is the variation our developers enjoy - we can be actively developing on over 50 projects at any one time.
We are a welcoming team with a warm, friendly environment. We genuinely value the contribution made by each member of our team, you will be encouraged to share ideas, and we will invest in your future by providing tailored training, the opportunity to complete certifications with leading software providers, quarterly development sessions, and an annual appraisal to review your progress and discuss your ambitions.
We offer Senior Web Developers a fantastic starting salary (dependent on qualifications, experience, and skillset) a tailored training package, and lots of other rewards. Finally, CSI Media offers you the opportunity for true personal and professional growth with excellent opportunities for career progression and even better rewards.
Primarily, you will be coding day-to-day, helping to build exceptional end-products including CMS websites, e-commerce platforms, online portals, and software applications. You will be given instructions for each task by a Technical Lead; however, we would expect you to then work with limited supervision. You will:
• Develop new web and software applications by writing high-quality C# in a timely fashion.
• Maintain existing web and software applications by implementing new features, performing upgrades, and fixing bugs.
• Liaise with Designers and Front-End Developers to ensure clients’ functionality requirements are met.
• Support Tech Leads in writing detailed Technical Specifications.
The role will evolve in line with your passions, ambitions, and skillset. As you gain experience, you will have the opportunity to expand your role and take on greater responsibilities, for example, by gathering system requirements and leading projects in a Tech Lead capacity, if that is what you want to do.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4+ years’ commercial experience in a .NET development role. You will be a very strong C# programmer with a thorough and meticulous approach to you work. A degree in Computer Science or a related subject (2:1 or higher) is desirable although not essential; however, we would ask for another year’s commercial experience (5 overall) as a substitute.
Essential Technical Skills
• Latest C# Syntax
• .NET Framework (.NET Core is desirable although not essential)
• MS SQL Server or later
• Likes office doggies!
Desirable Technical Skills
• API Experience (REST and GraphQL)
• Knowledge of XML / JSON
• Microservices Architecture
• GIT or similar source control
• A fantastic starting salary (dependent on experience & skillset).
• Complete official certifications with web tech vendors, for example, Umbraco and Sitecore.
• Pluralsight training license with one hour in work time each week for training.
• Extra holidays rewarded for loyalty.
• Opportunities to progress with greater rewards & responsibilities.
• Annual appraisal and quarterly development sessions to discuss your career aspirations and help you achieve your goals.
• Fresh fruit delivered weekly.
• Monthly takeaways.
• Weekly badminton.
• 2x team events per year (as voted for by the team).
• Childcare voucher scheme.
• Listen to your tunes whilst coding.
• Casual dress.
• Employee/s of the month - £50 gift.
• £1,000 employee referral scheme.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have the right experience and credentials, we will schedule a telephone call to discuss the role, followed by a technical test and interview to be completed at CSI Media’s offices.