This is an exciting opportunity for a smart and ambitious Senior Developer / Tech Lead to join an award-winning web & software agency based in Cheshire.
CSI Media is a web and software development agency who design and build cutting-edge .Net Core solutions for companies across a diverse range of sectors including automotive, finance, healthcare, leisure, retail, and travel, ensuring plenty of variation. We have had a strong year having won over 15 new clients including web development projects for the world’s biggest Escape Room brand, a personalised-sportswear manufacturer, a leading healthcare organisation, and one of the biggest car leasing companies in the North West. To give you a flavour of the type of solutions we create, please visit csimedia.net/our-work
The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for tech together with a commitment to delivering high-quality solutions. You will need a minimum of 4 years’ commercial experience, ideally in a similar Senior Developer role. We are offering a starting salary of £40,000 - £65,000 (dependent on experience and skillset), a tailored training programme and Pluralsight license, and the flexibility to work semi-remotely once you have gotten up to speed on our projects.
This is a hybrid role where your responsibilities combine that of a Senior Developer and Tech Lead. Primarily, you will be coding day-to-day, helping to build exceptional end products including CMS websites, e-commerce platforms, online portals, and software applications. You will also be expected to help guide the delivery of projects from a technical point of view by gathering requirements, writing specs, and supporting junior developers when required.
- Build new solutions with C# on the .Net Core framework.
- Help to architect new web and software solutions.
- Delegate requirements to the development team by communicating concise instructions and providing ongoing support.
- Manage build management and infrastructure setup.
- Review development, implementation, and testing to ensure quality is achieved.
- Liaise with the Creative Team regarding design concepts and sign off from a technical point of view.
- Gather clients’ specific requirements (via calls and meetings), guiding RE the best approach from a technical perspective, and creating timescales for new projects.
- Write detailed Technical Specifications.
- Nurture junior developers by encouraging their personal and professional development.
- Ensure procedures and company standards are adhered to by the development team.
- You will get the opportunity to do back-end development on some of your projects.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in web development. You will have a thorough and meticulous personality, with the ability to communicate tech ideas to non-technical audiences. A degree is not essential; however, we would require 6+ years’ experience to substitute, and we do prefer candidates with a formal qualification in a Computing discipline. To meet our expectations, there are the key skills you will need to evidence: -
Essential Technical Skills
- Latest C# Syntax
- .Net Core 3.1
- .Net 5.0
- .NET Framework
- SOLID Principles
- MS SQL Server or later
- API Experience (REST and GraphQL)
- Knowledge of XML / JSON
- Microservices Architecture
- TDD - Unit Testing (MS Test or NUnit)
- GIT or similar source control
- Ability to write functional documentation
- Experience with Jira or similar Agile/Kanban project tracking tools
Desirable Technical Skills
- Umbraco CMS experience
- Shopify experience
- Other CMS experience
- React JS
- React Native or similar mobile development skills
- .NET Blazor
- Functional Programming
- Domain-Driven Design
- A fantastic salary of £40,000 - £65,000 (dependent on experience & skillset).
- The opportunity to complete official certifications with web tech vendors, for example, Umbraco and Sitecore.
- Pluralsight training license.
- Extra holidays rewarded for loyalty.
- Opportunities to progress with even greater rewards & responsibilities.
- Annual appraisal and quarterly development sessions to discuss your career aspirations and help you achieve your goals.
- Lots of extras including a free supply of fresh fruit, takeaways, weekly badminton, free team events, a childcare voucher scheme, and lots more!
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have the right experience and credentials, we will invite you for a phone interview with a code read-through & critique, followed by a technical test.