This is a VERY exciting opportunity for a Senior .Net Web Developer with 4+ years’ commercial experience to join an award-winning web and software development agency based in Cheshire.
Established in 1998, CSI Media is one of the UK’s leading web development agencies. We are a family business with a proud record in providing excellent opportunities for talented developers.
Although commercial experience is more important, we value candidates who also hold a high 2:1 in BSc Computer Science or Software Engineering.
You will play a key role in delivering back-end technical solutions for a variety of web and software projects for a diverse range of UK companies across the retail, automotive, and travel sectors. There is also a selection of projects for environmental, security, finance, and healthcare organisations, ensuring plenty of variation.
We offer a competitive salary of £34,000-£42,000, a Pluralsight license, and the opportunity to have a real say and influence. There will be the opportunity to Tech Lead some of our new and exciting projects.
As a Senior Web Developer, primary responsibilities will include: -
- Producing exceptional code for a variety of web and software applications
- Architecting new web and software solutions
- Gathering requirements and creating timescales for new solutions and additional features
- Writing detailed and concise system specification documents
- Setting up web environment (Website configuration DEV, UAT, and Production)
- Reviewing developers’ code and merging
- Deploying sites, updates, and fixes to Dev, UAT, and Production
- Providing support to Junior and Mid-Level Developers as and when necessary
Essential Technical Skills
- Latest C# Syntax
- .Net Core
Desirable Technical Skills
- MVC .NET 4/5
- MS SQL Studio
- Exceptional knowledge of RESTful Web Services
- Knowledge of XML / JSON
- N-Tier Application Architecture
- Unit Testing (MS Test or NUnit)
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Umbraco CMS experience
- An understanding of architecture systems
- Understanding of Microservices
Our Culture & Values
As a family business, we pride ourselves on really looking after our team. There will be challenges along the way, but you will work in a supportive environment where your welfare is at the forefront. You will get to collaborate with some super-talented and experienced developers which, together with our excellent training, will give you the opportunity to develop your skillset, learn new tech and build a brilliant career where you’re valued, listened to and encouraged to develop. Here at CSI Media, we constantly evaluate what our team want, and from this, we have built a comprehensive package of benefits that all colleagues enjoy...
- A fantastic salary of £34,000-£42,000 (dependent on experience & skillset)
- The opportunity to complete official certifications
- Private pension scheme
- Extra holidays rewarded for loyalty
- Opportunities to progress with even greater rewards & responsibilities
- Annual appraisal and quarterly development sessions to help support you through your work, discuss your career aspirations, and help you achieve your goals
Lots of Extras!
- Dress down Fridays
- Free badminton every Wednesday
- Free food every month
- Team events (we have had Alton Towers, Crystal Maze and bowling in the past year)
- A legendary Christmas party!
- Charity events and fundraising activities
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Listen to your tunes whilst you code
If you meet the requirements, we will send you a technical test for you to complete to the best of your ability. If your submission is completed to a high standard, we will invite you in for an interview.
To apply for this Senior Web Developer vacancy, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org