Over the last four years our in- house team of web developers have released over 40 Umbraco sites, with a further 8 currently under construction so we thought we’d share why we think Umbraco is the way to go if you are looking at an open source CMS!
So what is Umbraco?
Umbraco is an open source .net content management system. In non-technical terms this means that Umbraco allows the development of website where you control the content. And what’s more because it is open source it means there are no hefty licence fees!
Why do we use Umbraco?
- Power to you- as Umbraco is CMS driven, you have the control to update the content of your site- you no longer need to contact a web developer every time you want to make a content change.
- User friendly - no technical knowledge is needed to maintain and update the website content.
- Works in all browsers and platforms.
- Easy to integrate Google Analytics and it supports best practice Search Engine Optimization.
- Flexible – you don’t have to stick to restrictive design templates, you have the flexibility to create your own designs.
- Pre-built plug-ins to extend functionality .
- A substantial development community which means there is a huge amount of support out there.
- Famous fans- Tesco. Speedo, Take That and Heinz are just a few big names who have sites built in Umbraco.
Still need convincing that Umbraco is the right system for your website? Why not call one of our friendly team for more information and a free quote today.